What is SEO? Search Engine Optimization Explained
So far we have provided a concise explanation about the SEO in general. In nutshell, it’s a process by which websites can gain desired visibility on search engines through organic method.
What Exactly SEO Is?
It is one kind of tactics to increase the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through search engines results.
Some prominent SEO techniques that experts utilize are on-page SEO, off-page SEO, social media optimization (SMO), black hat and white hat SEO, keyword analysis and research. Since all these techniques work around content, SEO is also called SEO copyrighting.
If we talk about user behaviour, a very small percentage of visitors go beyond the 2nd page in search engine results. If a page ranks on the first page it will receive a very large share of organic traffic. So, ultimate aim of an SEO expert is to achieve the highest rank for a website in search engine results. It can be achieved by:
- Design and develop a website by considering all the elements of on-page SEO in perspective.
- Select keywords and immerse them in web pages to improve quality and quantity of traffic that comes through search engines.
- Marketing the website by considering the updates in various search algorithms and analyze how users search the web.
So, if your website doesn’t get enough footing on search engines result page, it may be because of one or quite a few of the following factors:
- Competitors have better content
- Keyword analysis was not done properly
- Web pages take a long time to load
- Link building wasn’t done with proper thought
- Web pages weren’t designed by keeping user experience in perspective
- It has been de-indexed by mistake
Stakeholders need to work on these probable shortcomings to enhance the quality and quantity of traffic on their site.
Key Elements of SEO
SEO comprises of various key elements, which work in tandem to ensure that desired information is made available to the customer, organically. These include:
- High quality content: Original and engaging content that is free from stuffed keywords is indispensable for SEO to work well.
- Relevant keywords: Proper keyword analysis followed by their inclusion as per pre-defined densities in content pieces can help prospective customers to access your page easily.
- Quality Link Building: Link building helps in increasing the rank of a site. It can be done if high quality sites link to its pages.
- Website Load Time: For higher lead conversion rates webmasters should make every effort to ensure that their websites should load fast.
- Don’t Forget to be Mobile: The world is mobile. So building a web site, which works equally well on desktops and mobiles, is critical for its long-term viability.
Why We Learn SEO?
Knowledge about SEO is essential. Here we look at a few reasons why:
- In this day and age, customers want accurate availability of information. If delivered, their satisfaction increases. SEO makes this possible.
- SEO follows a targeted approach to deliver quality results to the customers in timely manner.
- Unlike outbound marketing, SEO creates an inbound connection between a customer and the business. If the SEO techniques are implemented properly, customers come to know about the exact services on offer.
Search engine optimization, or SEO, is the process or tactics of increasing your website position or site rank on search engine results page organically by putting your best SEO strategy, techniques and efforts.